Maintenance Technician 1
ID de l'offre1904065
Are you searching for a long-term career position with a strong company offering a solid track record of success? If you have the qualities necessary to become a UniFirst team partner, and the technical skill-set to succeed, then this is an opportunity for you to join our growing company!
Summary - This role will repair, maintain, install, and troubleshoot industrial equipment, systems, and components, including but not limited to: large capacity washers and dryers, pneumatic and steam systems, conveyor systems, and boilers. They will execute preventive/predictive maintenance, resolve safety concerns, and perform indoor and outdoor facility and equipment repair.
- Uses common tools including but not limited to: hand and power tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, precision measuring instruments, and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Ensures safe operation of machinery, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems equipment and components; following blueprints and schematics, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications.
- Troubleshoots sources of equipment problems.
- May be required to perform boiler chemical testing; records result in log books; and makes necessary chemistry adjustments.
- May be required to perform daily and weekly safety checks on boilers and makes necessary repairs.
- May be required to perform wastewater pre-treatment system testing; record results in logbooks; and makes necessary chemistry adjustments.
- Records and analyzes meter readings of utilities in logs and takes corrective actions where appropriate.
- Performs daily and weekly location and systems safety checks and follows up to address concerns.
- Inspects motors and belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters, and performs other maintenance actions while following maintenance procedures.
- Performs various welding activities including MIG, TIG, ARC, cutting, and brazing.
- Inspects, cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of location equipment per work procedures or technical manual.
- Utilizes a Computerized Maintenance Management System.